History This conference can be considered a continuation of previous meetings on Geometry and Mathematical Physics which took place in Bulgaria - Zlatograd (1995) and Varna (1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 and 2002).
- "Geometry" in the title refers to modern differential geometry of real and complex manifolds with some emphasis on curves, sigma models and minimal surface theory,
- "Integrability" to either the integrability of complex structures or classical dynamical systems of particles, soliton dynamics and hydrodynamical flows presented in geometrical form, and
- "Quantization" to the transition from classical to quantum mechanics expressed in geometrical terms.
The overall aim is to bring together experts in Classical and Modern Differential Geometry, Complex Analysis, Mathematical Physics and related fields to assess recent developments in these areas and to stimulate research in related topics.
Place The workshop will take place in a stimulating environment, which combines a virgin natural landscape with tourist comfort and the unexpected neighbourhood of an ancient historical past.
All this in a splendid part of the northern Bulgarian Black Sea coast in the vicinity of Varna.
Organizing Committee Ivailo M. Mladenov (Sofia) and Allen Hirshfeld (Dortmund)
Advisory Committee M. Gurses (Ankara), T. Iwai (Kyoto),
R. Schmid (Emory), A. Ungar (Fargo) and I. Vaisman (Haifa)
International Standing Committee B. Konopelchenko (Lecce), M. de Leon (Madrid)
G. Naber (Chico), A. Odzijewicz (Bialystok) and H. Sato (Nagoya)
Talks As previous years we plan to have a few Lecture Courses of 3--5 talks each
which will be delivered by:
- A. Calini -- Integrable Dynamics of Knotted Vortex Filaments and Related Equations
- A. Hirshfeld -- Aspects of Supersymmetry in Quantum Mechanics and Field Theory
- G. Kamberov -- Dirac Spinors, Conformal Surface Immersions, Shape Invariants, and Exclusion Principles
- P. Olver -- Modern Developments in and Applications of Cartan's Method of Moving Frames
- and at least 30 minute talks by the other contributors.
Proceedings The Proceedings will be published by an internationally recognized scientific publisher.
Proceedings Volumes of Previous Conferences
Registration There will be a flat registration fee of $400/ $500 for a double/single room accomodation. Besides the room this fee covers three meals per day, reception, excursion, refreshments, banquet and a copy of the Conference Proceedings volume. Please notice that this fee should be paid in cash upon arrival and that no personal cheques, bank drafts or travelers cheques can be accepted.
Accommodation In the SANA hotel and the hotels in Sts. Constantine and Elena around the conference hall.
It is assumed that 5 June and 12 June are the arrival, respectively the departure days. Please, notice that there is not a local organizing Committee in Varna and earlier arrival will create a lot of problems. However the stay after the Conference can be arranged.
- International Conference on Geometry, Integrability and Quantization, Institute of Biophysics, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Acad. G. Bonchev Str., Bl. 21, 1113 Sofia, BULGARIA. Tel: ++ 3592--979 26 37, Fax: ++ 3592--971 24 93, and
- International Conference on Geometry, Integrability and Quantization, Department of Physics, University of Dortmund, 44 221 Dortmund, GERMANY